Font Size: AAA // Print // Bookmark

Comment for Public Information Collection 86 FR 59698

  • From: Victoria Duke
    Tori Trades

    Comment No: 65890
    Date: 11/16/2021

    Comment Text:


    I just started running some ads for a course I just launched. It teaches students how to trade using a trendline strategy via simulated trading. Google informed me that in order to run the ads I need an NFA License. I received an email from the NFA saying that "if you are not managing or exercising discretion over customer accounts, and you are not providing trading advice based on, or tailored to, a customer's particular commodity interest account, particular commodity interest trading activity, or other similar types of information; then CFTC registration typically would not be required". I'm not a broker or firm just an individual selling an online course teaching a strategy. So I wanted to see if I am exempt from needing a CFTC registration. If so, I would just need documentation to send that information over to google to continue running my ads.

    Thank you,

    Victoria Duke

No records to display.